17 February 2012

Delays and Apologies

Ok, I know I only have seven followers but I also know that there are some random people out there who read this as well, for whatever reason (however you've stumbled onto here, thanks for sticking around).

Anyhoo, I know I haven't made an actual blog post in a few weeks, and there's a perfectly good reason for that, I promise. Basically, my next idea sort of required me being done with a particular scene in my novel. Needless to say, I'm not. It's slow going. But instead of my blog turning into some internet version of a ghost town, I thought I would at least check in.

I think I'm going to abandon the resolutions/recap entries, because, well basically, they're not going well. I gave up on the poem-a-day project pretty much immediately after January ended. It's sad, I know, but it wasn't any fun realizing each night about half an hour before bed that I still had to write a poem. And I hated most of them. There are a few gems in there that I'm hoping to polish but I think going forward would be exhausting. I'd rather focus whatever free time I have on my novel.

Oh and I bet you thought I would post something on February 15, didn't you? Yes, a year has passed since I started my book. I was hoping for a day with feverish, unstoppable writing, but that was really just wishful thinking. I did make some progress, but this particular chapter I'm working on is like pulling teeth. Actually, it's like pushing characters who just stare at you and say, "No, I'm not going to do that. Go away." What can I say, they've changed on me. My weak character has become stronger, my evil character has become, well, less evil. The things I had them do a year ago just don't work anymore. But I'm figuring it out. It's all in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment