27 January 2014

Checking In!

I thought I'd check in because I just realized I haven't blogged in TWO WEEKS. Yikes.

I dunno, I just haven't been feeling it lately. I guess that's because my focus has been more on the second draft of Uneven Lines. Which is good. Really good. I finally caved and got a group of readers to send each chapter to as I write them. I think it's good way to motivate myself, since I now have people actually waiting for the next chapter. I've finished the first three chapters so far, and I think without this I still would only have one done.

I've read one book toward my goal of 100 for the year. So yeah, that's clearly going well.

Aaaaaaaaand less than three weeks until my muse-iversary trip!! It's exciting! Mostly because I won't have work for three days! I did eventually book a hotel room and bus tickets. Still working on figuring out what to do while we're there. Since I'm nuts, it's going to all be things that happen in my book--so food is important, obviously. I'll be off the diet that weekend so I can stuff my face. I'll probably wait until it gets closer to make any final plans so I can know what the weather is going to be like. I still want a picnic...

So that's it, pretty much. Not all that exciting, I know. But surprise surprise, I have to go get ready for work now.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes a blogging break is needed. I enjoyed my time off over Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've missed your face. And you. I know what you mean about having expectant readers. It makes a world of difference, eh? (It also stresses me out because I'm a perfectionist, but that's another story.) 1 book? I think I'm up to 5, so I'm doing somewhat okay, but goodness, got to pick up the pace if we're going to make it. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have readers waiting, it pushes you. And your trip sounds great.

    ReplyDelete