05 February 2014

Blog Momentum

Ok, since I'm trying to get back into my blogging schedule, of course I have to participate in the Insecure Writer's Support Group! Click the link to visit Alex J. Cavanaugh's blog and learn more! 

First Wed of Every Month

Sure, I've got plenty of insecurities about having readers for my second draft (Jordan attempted to address some of them in Monday's post). What if no one likes it (ok, that one was pretty much stamped out right away)--or, what if a few people hate it? What if I can't keep up with the editing and people lose interest? These thoughts pop up from time to time, but I'm not all that worried about it. I think the second draft is going well and I really like hearing people's responses to it. 

So what's really getting to me, and this may sound a bit weird considering where I'm writing this, is the blog. I just really haven't been feeling it lately. Yes, part of it is that I can't come up with ideas. But honestly, most of the time I just don't feel like blogging. I don't feel like going on and on about the same crap over and over again. I don't want to bore you talking about my second draft in every post. I could try to come up with writing advice, but nothing comes to mind. I guess all my creative energy is focused on the second draft. Which certainly isn't a bad thing, but I worry the blog is suffering because of it. 

I don't visit as many other blogs as I usually do, and my post from Monday was the first post in a long time that didn't get any comments. I'll partially blame that on the fact that I wrote it late in the day, but still, I really don't want to lose momentum. 

Blogging used to be exciting. It just doesn't feel that way right now. When I was keeping to my schedule to get up to my 100th post, it was fun. Co-hosting IWSG last month was a blast, too. Without any specific goals in mind, it's a lot easier to say, "maybe I'll post something tomorrow." 

I am looking forward to the A-to-Z Challenge, although I still have no idea what I'm going to write about. I had thought about coming up with a different obsession or something important to me for each letter, but I'm thinking if I do enough planning maybe each post can relate to writing somehow. We'll see. There's still almost two months to plan. 

Well, that's enough insecurity for one day, don't you think??

5 comments:

  1. Your not alone. There is a noticeable down turn in blog post and comments across the board. I enjoy it when I am on top of it, but I don't stress about it. I have a few features scheduled where others provide content and I review books, which I recently discovered I love to do. The rest of the time, I post when I'm feeling it and if I'm not feeling it, I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days (many days) I'm just not feeling my blog either. I say, "Oh, I was going to write a post tonight" and then just don't because I really don't want to. It's probably better that I skip those posts anyway. My blog's boring enough as it is.

    I have signed up for A to Z, but I'm not sure my schedule's going to allow me to actually do it. I'm waiting to make a final decision as I get closer. But it's so much fun. Everyone's so clever; it can be incredibly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and thanks for visiting my blog :-) I find that my blog suffers neglect a lot of the time. I try to rectify it every now and then because I love the network of friendly bloggers and wouldn't want to lose touch. The trouble is, when there's little time to write, blogging just has to take a back seat! Sad, but true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If blogging has become 'not-fun,' then you either need a break or find some way to jazz up your excitement for it. What else excites you? Because if it's something you are excited about, that will show in your posts. I couldn't write about writing all the time. I would bore myself. That's why I talk about movies, music, and my blogger buddies.
    Hope you come up with an awesome theme for the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm about the same way with the blogging feeling. I was definitely supposed to post yesterday and didn't, and am (obviously) still thinking about it, but I had nothing to say, so I'm not completely stressed about it. Sometimes, we just need breaks from blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete